Uncle Jim and his wife Karen. (This would be Rod's mom's brother)

Uncle Jim and Rod's mom Donna.
This used to be Uncle Tony's race car. Only I'm told when he raced it, it was purple!! Now it is owned by a different gentleman, who has completely restored it. They took the ashes to the cemetery in this car, which was a special touch!

Uncle Tony's gravesite.

Aunt Carol and Donna

The kids and I went to Rod's Uncle Tony's funeral (his mom's sister Judy's husband) up in Bassett, two Saturdays ago. These were the pictures I took with my phone. I don't own one single picture of Uncle Tony! So, I am sorry to say I have nothing to post that would show you what he looked like. His funeral was held in the school auditorium and taken by a cowboy preacher. It was very fitting. I only wish I had gotten a picture of the photograph they displayed at the front of the auditorium. It was of Tony and Judy's land, with cattle and the river in the background. And they had Tony's hat hanging from it, his boots under it and his gloves with "Tony" on them, laying over the tops of the boots. I didn't get to see any of this up close, but what I did see of the picture and hat, was so perfect!! It was special to get to be there for it.
If I can find a picture of Aunt Judy, I will post it so you can see her. She is an amazing lady that is an incredibly hard worker. I only wish we lived closer to her so we could have been a help when Tony was so sick, or even now that he is gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment