Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gpa Haner's Funeral

Rod's step-grandpa Clarence Haner, passed away and his funeral and burial were this last week in Colorado. Here are the pictures from his burial at the Denver International Military Cemetery. Gpa Haner served in the Navy and it was so awesome to witness a ceremony like this. What an incredible setting! I learned that anyone who is serving, or has ever served in the military, can be buried in one of these cemeteries. The wives can be buried on top of their husbands and their information is then etched on the back of the tombstone. Gpa Haner would have been proud of this final good-bye.
Uncle Alan

My favorite picture is when the man is presenting the flag to Gma Haner. I wish I could have recorded his words and the expression on his face when he presented the flag. He never once looked away from her eyes. It was one of the most respectful things I've ever watched.

No comments: